Uzume Taiko has openings for a professional position in the performing arts. Please contact email@example.com if interested in auditioning for the group.
- Apprentices undergo a three month training period.
- Participation mandatory in weekly rehearsals at least twice per week.
- Rehearsals are on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 10a.m. - 1p.m.
- Performance opportunities: 60-100 performances per year local and international touring.
- Salary: per service rate comparable to Musician Union rates.
- Training in music, dance and/or theatre minimum 2 years.
- Performance experience minimum 2 years.
- Ability to tour away from the lower mainland three months (average) per year.
- Participation in collaborative creative process to develop new works for taiko.
- Participation in maintaining the group's performance gear.
Assets for the Position
- Goal oriented
- Creative collaborator
- Self Starter
- Takes initiative
- Team oriented
- Instructor experience