Taiko drumming is a fun experience for all ages that requires great energy and teamwork, as well as total integration of one's mind, body and spirit. You will have the chance to try out physical warm-up exercises, martial arts stance, vocal shouts and drum sticking techniques while learning rhythmic drills and choreography. Student drums and drum sticks supplied. This workshop is designed for ages 8+ years and up with accompanying adult.
- FAMILY WORKSHOP 1: SEPTEMBER 7, 2019
- FAMILY WORKSHOP 2: OCTOBER 5, 2019
- FAMILY WORKSHOP 3: NOVEMBER 23, 2019
- $10 per person per 60-min. Workshop
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
Things to know about classes and workshops:
- Bring a towel and water and be prepared to sweat!
- Bring a pair of clean, indoor shoes with good grip to wear or participate in bare feet and wear loose, comfortable clothing
Classes take place at the Uzume Taiko Studio located at #100 - 11566 Eburne Way on Mitchell Island in Richmond.