OUR STUDIO CLASSES WILL BE OPEN following Public Health Official Guidelines. Limited Enrolment available. Students MUST receive Confirmation before attending Sessions.
We endeavour to follow the advice of our Public Health Officials. When Taiko Classes are permitted we request all Students to follow this Safe Plan.
COVID-19 SAFE PLAN AT UZUME TAIKO STUDIO:
Stay at home if you're feeling ill - no exceptions
Practice physical distancing
Wear a mask to protect others - optional
Clean your hands
Cover your cough
There will be a Maximum of 12 Students per Session to ensure people can continue to respect physical distancing.
TAIKO BASIC DRILLS:
Classes will focus on Individuals' techniques and drills so that players maintain physical distancing measures throughout the session.
A Basic Drills Workshop for beginners or returning students that will cover taiko drum sticking techniques & drills. Suitable for ages 14 yrs & up.
This Workshop is a Prerequisite to joining the ongoing weekly class sessions.
WEEKEND AFTERNOON SESSIONS
- Saturday Afternoon WINTER: Jan 7 One Session
- Sunday Afternoon WINTER 2: Feb 26 One Session
- Saturday Afternoon SPRING: April 15 One Session
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm
Things to know about classes and workshops:
Classes take place at the Uzume Taiko Studio located at #100 - 11566 Eburne Way on Mitchell Island in Richmond.
- Bring a towel and water
- Bring a pair of clean, indoor shoes with good grip to wear or participate in bare feet and wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Bring Foam earplugs to protect your hearing