OUR STUDIO CLASSES WILL BE OPEN following Public Health Official Guidelines. Limited Enrolment available. Students MUST receive Confirmation before attending Sessions.
ZOOM CLASSES available for distance learning. Access to student taiko drum gear is possible by arrangement with Instructor.
We endeavour to follow the advice of our Public Health Officials and when classes are permitted, request all Students to follow this Safe Plan:
COVID-19 SAFE PLAN AT UZUME TAIKO STUDIO
Stay at home if you're feeling ill - no exceptions
Practice physical distancing
Wear a mask to protect others - optional
Clean your hands
Cover your cough
Class Enrolment: There will be a Maximum of 12 players per Session to ensure people can continue to respect physical distancing.
Taiko Basic Drills: Classes will focus on Individuals' techniques and drills so that players maintain physical distancing measures throughout the session. Come to a weekly practice in the art form of Taiko Drumming. We will train in drum sticking techniques, stances, choreography and musicianship.
FRIDAY AFTERNOON SESSIONS
- Fri Afternoon 4-Week WINTER 1: Jan 12 - Feb 9 (NO CLASS JAN 19)
- Fri Afternoon 5-Week WINTER 2: Feb 16 - Mar 15
- Fri Afternoon 5-Week SPRING 1: April 5 - May 3
- Fri Afternoon 5-Week SPRING 2: May 10 - June 14 (NO CLASS MAY 24)
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm
WEDNESDAY EVENING SESSIONS
- Wed Evening 5-Week WINTER 1: Jan 10 - Feb 7
- Wed Evening 5-Week WINTER 2: Feb 14 - Mar 13
- Wed Evening 5-Week SPRING 1: April 3 - May 1
- Wed Evening 5-Week SPRING 2: May 8 - June 14 (NO CLASS MAY 22)
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- $ 80 per 4-Week Session
- $ 100 per 5-Week Session
PREREQUISITE: The 90-min Uzume Taiko Basic Drills Workshop or returning Uzume Taiko drum students. You can also book a private introductory session before enrolling in the on-going sessions.
NOTE: Students must have their own taiko drum sticks. If you do not have a pair, they are available at the studio for a cost of $30.00 per pair.
Pay for Taiko Drum Sticks online then pick them up at your first class.