OUR STUDIO CLASSES WILL BE OPEN following Public Health Official Guidelines. Limited Enrolment available. Students MUST receive Confirmation before attending Sessions. We endeavour to follow the advice of our Public Health Officials. When Taiko Classes are permitted we request all Students to follow this Safe Plan.
COVID-19 SAFE PLAN AT UZUME TAIKO STUDIO:
Stay at home if you're feeling ill - no exceptions
Practice physical distancing
Wear a mask to protect others
Clean your hands
Cover your cough
There will be a Maximum of 8 Students per Session to ensure people can continue to respect physical distancing.
TAIKO BASIC DRILLS:
Classes will focus on Individuals' techniques and drills so that players maintain physical distancing measures throughout the session.
Taiko drumming is a fun experience for all ages that requires great energy and teamwork, as well as total integration of one's mind, body and spirit. You will have the chance to try out physical warm-up exercises, martial arts stance, vocal shouts and drum sticking techniques while learning rhythmic drills and choreography. Student drums and drum sticks supplied. This workshop is designed for ages 5+ years and up with accompanying adult.
- MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE BY EMAILING INFO@UZUME.COM
- INCLUDE DATE REQUESTED, NUMBER IN YOUR GROUP AND THE AGE OF PARTICIPANTS
- A MINIMUM NUMBER OF 4 PARTICIPANTS IN A GROUP IS REQUIRED FOR SESSIONS TO RUN
- $40 per person per 60-min. Workshop
Day & Time
- Saturdays or Sundays - Time to be booked in Advance
Things to know about classes and workshops:
- Bring a towel and water
- Bring a pair of clean, indoor shoes with good grip to wear or participate in bare feet and wear loose, comfortable clothing
Classes take place at the Uzume Taiko Studio located at #100 - 11566 Eburne Way on Mitchell Island in Richmond.